Position in Light-sheet microscopy (PhD/Postdoc/Staff Scientist)
We are seeking a highly motivated and talented scientist with excellent skills and knowledge in setting up and maintaining light-sheet microscopes for tissue clearing purposes. The candidate will be expected to develop, innovate and implement new advances in light-sheet technology focusing on the analysis of large cleared human organs (Zhao…Ertürk, Cell, 2020). The candidate’s tasks will include general management of the erturk lab light-sheet microscopes including MesoSPIM, Ultramicroscope II and Blaze, their maintenance, new imaging method developments, as well as all data acquisition and interpretation.
- Can design and setup light-sheet microscopes
- Develop and establish light-sheet imaging methods for large mouse bodies and human organs
- Write codes to maintain microscope controls
- Effectively communicate with experts to troubleshoot
- Large imaging data analysis coming from light-sheet microscopy
We are looking forward to receiving your comprehensive online application including your letter of motivation, CV, academic transcripts and the name and contact of at least 3 referees until 31.05.2021.
Hiring manager: Dr. Ali Ertürk, Director, Institute for Tissue Engineering and Regenerative Medicine (iTERM), Helmholtz Munich
Please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org