Position in Mass Spectroscopy (PhD/Postdoc/Staff Scientist)
We are seeking a highly motivated and talented scientist with excellent skills and knowledge in mass spectrometry to establish a state-of-the-art proteomics Bruker TIMS/TOF Pro/FLEX platform. The candidate will be expected to develop, innovate and implement new advances in technology focusing on the analysis of laser dissections and single cells. In addition, the candidate will perform bioinformatics relevant to proteomics to support research. The candidate’s tasks will include general management of the proteomics platform, instrument maintenance, method development, as well as all data acquisition and interpretation.
- Handling LC-MS/MS
- Develop and establish sample preparation methods for tissue-laser dissections
- Method implementation for Data-Dependent and Data-Independent Acquisition (DIA) mass spectrometry
- Analysis of post-translational modifications (phosphorylation, oxidation, lysine-acetylation)
- Application of different protein quantification methods (stable isotope labeling/proteome-wide quantification techniques, including label-free, SILAC, or TMT)
- Data analysis with specialized softwares (Spectronaut, MaxQuant)
We are looking forward to receiving your comprehensive online application including your letter of motivation, CV, academic transcripts and the name and contact of at least 3 referees until 31.12.2020.
Hiring manager: Dr. Ali Ertürk, Director, Institute for Tissue Engineering and Regenerative Medicine (iTERM), Helmholtz Munich